Friday, March 11, 2011

My PLN status

A little girl sitting at an old desk with a huge computer in her face



If any of you reading are like me, I did not know what a PLN was when I first read it. I am in an EDM310 at the University of South Alabama, which is class about technology. A PLN is a personal learning network. It is a combination of accumulated resources that a person can go to help them learn about things. I will be completely honest and confess that I am not as technology literate as I should and want to be. However, after being assigned to watch a You Tube video of a girl in middle school and her experience with her established PLN, I became curious. I have been assigned since the beginning of my class to be working on my PLN but just really did not grasp how useful it could really be until watching the video.

Twitter has become very useful and informative about teaching connections. I used to think You Tube was for recreational entertainment WOW was I wrong. It is just as much for education as entertainment. Google Docs is also probably the most useful tool I have learned about.

1 comment:

  1. Neely,

    I am glad you know understand what a PLN is and how useful it is for the classroom. Tools like Twitter and Youtube are definitely for educational uses, and like you saw in the video, teachers and students both benefit greatly from having a PLN. What website are you using for your PLN?

    ReplyDelete