Sunday, March 27, 2011

Summary C4K 4-6

toddler holding a sign that says Thank you God

It has been really interesting for me to read the blogs of the students I have been assigned to. The subject that 2 out of 3 has really impressed me. One of the students I have blogged is in the 4th grade in a school in Birmingham. This is the first year that the class has blogged and learned more in detail about technology. The student I blogged had embedded his first video that he made. A great laugh for someone triple his age that has also embedded her first video this year.


The other two however have had a completely different approach. The subject they both tell about is so called forbidden in our public school system. This subject supposedly goes against the freedom of some which I HIGHLY disagree. One of the students begins by making you think he telling us his story about building a model car. He goes on to say that his dad is wanting him to wait for a day they have more time and he pleads his case that he is just excited. His father then explains to him that great things take time even though most people want things done quickly regardless of what could be overlooked or done better with more time. His father used the example of God building the world. WOW! I was so excited to know that elementary aged children are not scared, ashamed or forbidden to express a believe that is so special for so many of us.

Then my last student I am to tell about is my 6th CAC blog. Rachel wrote that many of her classmates was scared to go to school on the day of they were teaching a lesson about God because they did not know anything about him. She encouraged others by quoting Matthew 9:35. I am so thankful that I have been able to see these kids blogs and know that God is still present in schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment