Sunday, April 17, 2011

BLog Post #12

I think one of the assignments for future EDM 310 students should be to interview previous EDM 310 alumni student whom is actually teaching in a classroom. The current student should be responsible for interviewing the alumni about how or what they learned from EDM 310 that they are now using in classrooms. What advantages or things did they learn from the class that they are implementing in their own classroom? The interview can be done via phone, email, Skype or in person. I am not able to do this suggestion because I do not know a EDM 310 alumni that is teaching in a present classroom but look forward to possibly reading next semesters blog to see if they are assigned this and what responses are given.

a cartoon person holding a microphone

5 comments:

  1. I think that it would be amazing for future EDM 310 students to chat with alumni students would be amazing. There have been so many times were I have wished I had someone who had already taken this class to talk to about this class. I think it would be amazing for us to be there for the future EDM students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The alumni from the "new" EDM310 are in their first semester of student teaching. I think this is an excellent idea and we will certainly attempt to implement it in the fall. Be ready to be interviewed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Dr. Strange! I will be looking forward to hearing from students in the fall. I do have to admit that I have learned and enjoyed this class more than I thought I would.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Dr. Strange. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Neely!

    What a great idea! It definitely would be valuable to talk with previous students to see if/how they are using the technology that they learned in EDM310 in their classrooms. I would also be interested to know if the teachers and schools they are working in are open to incorporating this new technology. Are they encountering any road blocks or brick walls? It is always good to know what you are walking into.

    I hope that Mobile is receptive to the idea of incorporating technology into the classrooms!I think it is definitely the way of the future. This would be a great way of finding out!

    ReplyDelete